Dear Value Candidates,
H-TalentSearch is recruiting for a client is a big RETAIL COMPANY in VIETNAM Due to business development needs, they are looking for a DEPUTY DIRECTOR , TRAINING CENTER
Job Purpose or Summary
Training Center Director heads the entire training and development center. Be responsible for the assessment and identification of the business’s training and development needs, identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. Actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods for enhancing performance, and recognizing outstanding performance. This position maintains a consistent culture in the business with regard to training and development
1. Team Management & Development
– Responsible for Training & Development Center Team overall unity, cooperation, performance, spirit, image and competency.
– Lead and facilitate cross function cooperation to achieve center common objectives.
2. Planning & Reporting
– Headcount planning (number, position, promotion), budgeting and master training to serve the business development and operation needs white maintaining the cost efficiency.
– Strategically develops effective training and development plans in short & long term ensuring that there is consistency with business strategies.
– Tracks training records and develops opportunities in addition to developing dashboard reporting for all levels in the business.
– Create and maintain the Training Regulation.
3. Training Need Analysis (TNA)
– Oversees all activities of the department and identifies the business’s developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core competencies and goals.
– Lead team to participate in the overall TNA process as required.
4. Training Program Development
– Strategically develops effective training programs and materials “Best in Class”, making regular modifications to programs where necessary.
– Responsible for relevant post training follow up, field coach and training result measurement and tool kits.
5. Training and Development Delivery
– Responsible for the overall training delivery service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
– Observe and provide feedback to improve training program, training delivery quality, accuracy and consistency.
– Active study, facilitate necessary communication to ensure training delivery standards, trainer’s image standards compliance. Provide Training Solution & Operation with feedback for improvement where appropriate.
– Develop and implement a model of decentralized training to achieve the optimal sources of learning by successful directors/managers.
6. Trainer and Line Trainer Development
– Responsible building training delivery trainer competency profiles based on the approval competency framework and dictionary.
– Responsible for building line managers as trainers (Line Trainer).
– Feedback to the Trainer
– Acts as a feedback to the trainer or the facilitator and the entire training process.
7. Training Impact Analysis (TIA)
– Assessment Center
– Training evaluation ensures that training programs comply with the competency gaps.
– Ensures the training programs are effective in improving the work quality, employee behavior, attitude and development of new skills within the employee within a certain budget.
8. Talent Management
– Driving annual talent review and succession planning cycle.
– Provide succession plans, conduct skills gap analyses to determine successor needs (Individual Development Plan).
– Develop sustainable programs for talent growth such as internships and Management Associate Programs and seeing through it end to end.
9. Learning Technologies
– Provides pedagogic advice, guidance, encouragement and support on the use of technology to staff involved in learning and development, such as: Store simulation, E-Learning, Questionnaire Banking, Training Management System, Training Employee Application…
– Facilitates access to expertise, services and resources relating to technology-supported learning.
10. Learning Culture
– Organizational recognition of the value of investment in staff education.
– Staff coaching to identify knowledge deficits and needs.
– Development of a learning plan plus coaching on setting goals towards achieving mastery in the learning objectives.
– Creation of dedicated educators within the company to champion a learning culture and to coach team members on uncovering their knowledge deficits and meeting their learning objectives.
– Reward through acknowledgement or promotion.
11. Other assignment from Human Resources Director
- Education Bachelor Degree or upper
- Professional major Prefer Business Administration, Human Resource Management
- 2nd language ability Good at English
- Computer usage ability MS. Office (word, excel, power-point)
- Related experiences At least 05 years working experience in Training & Development Management in similar position
1. Strong in Training and Development Planning
2. Strong in Leadership, People Management & Interpersonal Skill
3. Strong in Negotiation and able to work with Different People Styles, Critical Thinking
4. Strong Communication Skill, Service Orientation
5. Professional Presentation Skill
Willing to take travels as required
Your resume kindly send to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Hotline: 0917 828883, Ms.Hien